ABDOMINAL AORTA SCAN £200
The purpose of the Abdominal Aorta Scan is to examine the size, shape, and condition of the:
● Iliac arteries
Should an aneurysm be identified, both kidneys and renal arteries will also be evaluated to assess for any aortic narrowing from calcification, plaque or thrombus (blood clot) build up.
Common reasons for having this ultrasound screening include:
● Detection of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
● Monitoring aortic dilation.
● Family history of aortic aneurysm.
● This scan, available from 45 years of age, is performed by a qualified sonographer with diagnostic scanning experience.
● A 15-minute diagnostic appointment.
● Full diagnostic ultrasound report.
Referrals for scans can be made following a consultation with a GP who will discuss your needs and suitability for referral.
Alternatively, call 01253 207568 our team who would be happy to help you book an appointment.