TRAVEL HEALTH CHECKS
COMBINED HEPATITIS A & TYPHOID £95
· When to get vaccinated: At least five weeks before travelling.
· Course: The vaccine schedule you need depends on your age and when you are travelling. You may require 3 or 4 doses to be fully protected against both diseases. The nurse or pharmacist will assess which schedule is suitable for you.
· Accelerated course: In some cases, an accelerated course maybe suitable. The accelerated course consists of three doses prior to travel and a fourth dose 12 months later to fully complete the course. The second dose is given one week after the first dose and the third dose is given two weeks after the second dose.
· Boosters: You Once you have completed the full course you will be protected against hep A for 25 years and against hep B for 5 years. If you remain at risk of either disease after your protection runs out you may need a booster.
· How it is given: An injection in the upper arm.
From £95 per dose